Benevilla is excited to announce the opening of their annual art show in Birt’s Bistro highlighting works from members of their very own “Life Enrichment Programs.” The exhibit includes over 30 pieces in a dazzling array of mediums and styles. Each piece in this show has been uniquely created by members of 5 different Benevilla Life Enrichment Programs including:
- Lucy Anne’s Place which works with members who have early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Mary’s Place whose customized memory-care program combines health care and life-enriching therapeutic programming to meet the needs of those experiencing moderate to advanced Alzheimer’s and other related dementias.
- Restorative Program for those who have Parkinson’s, early to moderate Alzheimer’s disease, stroke survivors or have had a fall-related injury.
- West Valley Program in Peoria supporting stroke survivors, those with Parkinson’s or dementia, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Helping Partners Program designed specifically for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities providing life enriching activities and care. This program also offers volunteer and employment opportunities that enable the members to contribute and make a difference in our community.
Members in the Benevilla “Life Enrichment Programs” participate in a multitude of arts projects including music, dance, drama, painting, and crafts. These programs allow members to experience feelings of independence, belonging, and friendship as they join in activities that challenge them to stay physically, mentally and socially active and promote creative expression.
When asked about the concept behind this show, Joanne Thomson, President and CEO of Benevilla stated “We know our Life Enrichment Programs are instrumental in helping members become more socially engaged, enjoy better health, and find greater happiness. The passion and creativity of each member really shines through. They are so excited to share their beautiful work with our community.”
All member art at this show is available for sale and proceeds go to fund further creative programming in the Life Enrichment Programs. Artwork will be available to view between Thursday, April 5th and Wednesday, May 16th.
Birt’s Bistro is located at the Benevilla main campus in the Hellen and John Jacobs Independence Plaza, 16752 N. Greasewood St., Surprise, AZ, 85374. For more information call (623) 584-0065.
Started by the community and for the community in 1981, Benevilla is a not-for-profit human services agency dedicated to enhancing the lives of West Valley residents by providing care services for older adults, adults with disabilities, children, and families. Services are provided through a dedicated group of staff and volunteers. For more information on services, volunteer opportunities, to donate to Benevilla or to schedule a tour call 623-584-4999 or visit www.benevilla.org.